Work with us!
You’ll join a community of world-class researchers and skilled professionals devoted to understanding fundamental questions about human health and disease. We offer attractive conditions and benefits to attract and retain the brightest talent.
- International Environment: IRB Barcelona is home to nearly 450 research, technical and support staff from 35 countries.
- Multidisciplinary Research: Research of excellence at the unique interface between biology, chemistry, and structural and computational biology.
- Continuous Training: Transversal and general training is offered to our community (examples include research seminars, conferences, training in time management, scientific integrity, gender equality, health and safety, and emotional wellbeing).
- Language Courses (Catalan, Spanish & English): Language courses are provided onsite and free of charge.
- Relocation & Visa Assistance: Trained staff provides support on visa paperwork, administrative requirements, and practical information on living and working in Barcelona, etc.
- Social Life: We like to have fun. We promote several activities, like a Football League, an annual skiing trip, a Mountaineering Club, a Running Club and "Cool-off sessions", where members meet informally for drinks, snacks and scientific discussions.
- Be Healthy, Be IRB: Our members can enjoy in-house yoga & zumba classes, “Feel-good Thursdays” with low-cost physiotherapy sessions, health and safety training, gym discounts, etc.
- You & Your Family Matter: Work-life balance is a priority and we offer discounts for child-care services, and a “Som UB” member card, which offers discounts for theatres, travel, insurance, etc.
- HR Excellence: We were warded the "HR Excellence in Research" logo in 2014. This recognition reflects our commitment to continuously improving our human resources policies in line with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
- Recruitment at IRB Barcelona is open, transparent and merit-based, and all applicants compete on the same terms. Please check our Recruitment Policy.
IRB Barcelona is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality or ethnic origin. The European Commission has launched the Science4Refugees initiative to help refugee scientists and researchers find suitable jobs. In this regard, IRB Barcelona welcomes applications from talented refugees and asylum seekers.
IRB Barcelona is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Applicants with a physical or mental limitation who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact the IRB Barcelona recruitment team at email@example.com.
Advanced Training Programme in Technology for R...C) CORE FACILITIES · Barcelona
Technology Transfer Officer (ref. AD/23/08)D) ADMINISTRATION · Barcelona
Research Assistant (ref. LAB/23/19)A) RESEARCH LABORATORIES · Barcelona
Junior Linux System Administrator (HPC) (ref. A...D) ADMINISTRATION · Barcelona
Research assistant / Lab technician (ref. LAB/2...A) RESEARCH LABORATORIES · Barcelona
Administrative Assistant (ref. AD/23/05)D) ADMINISTRATION · Barcelona
HR & Labour Relations Officer (ref. AD/23/04)D) ADMINISTRATION · Barcelona
Postdoctoral Fellow (ref. PD/23/05)A) RESEARCH LABORATORIES · Barcelona
International Project Manager (ref. AD/23/03)D) ADMINISTRATION · Barcelona