Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join the team of the brand-new laboratory of “Targeted Protein Degradation and Drug Discovery” as a Research Assistant. Prior wet-lab experience is required. The selected candidate will contribute to different projects in the lab and should also feel motivated to develop her/his own projects with the guidance of the PI. An energetic and team mindsetis required.
- General lab management and lab organization
- Cell culture (maintenance, cellular viability assays)
- Functional genomics (CRISPR/Cas9 screens, luciferase and fluorescence- based reporters, etc)
- Molecular biology techniques (PCRs, immunoblots, cloning, IPs, etc)
- Drug screens, proteomics, flow cytometry
- Technology development
- Training of new lab members
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Prior wet-lab experience.
- Knowledge: CRISPR/Cas9 and functional genomics background.
- Skills: Good organizational skills are a must, molecular biology skills are highly appreciated.
- Experience: Previous experience and contact with genetic and drug screens.
- Knowledge: Targeted protein degradation and/or chemical biology background.
- Skills: Bioinformatics notions and chemistry skills are a big advantage.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 90 Postdoctoral researchers (more than a half non-Spanish nationals) are currently working at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications for the above opening should include CV, motivation letter and one reference contact.
- Deadline for applications: 12/12/2020 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'