Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks a Health & Safety technician to facilitate and collaborate in complying with occupational health and safety guidelines and measures.
Together with the H&S Officer the Technician will contribute to develop a safe workplace according to legal standards, also implementing and fostering a culture of attention to health and safety within the institute.
- Develop assessment documents for the different workplaces.
- Orientate and train all laboratory staff in biosafety.
- Perform safety inspections in laboratories.
- Plan and implement health promotion campaigns.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and occupational diseases.
- Provide safety training sessions and deliver information and security guidelines to employees.
- Provide support in Occupational H&S coordination.
- Perform any duty that the legal framework of Occupational Risk Prevention establishes, as well as any other duty the Health & Safety Service considers necessary.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: University degree, preferably in a scientific discipline (biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Master's degree in Occupational Risk Prevention, with all three specialisations( Security in the workplace, Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics, and Psychosociology.
- Knowledge: User of MS Office tools.
- Skills: Teamwork, proactivity, client orientation. Motivated and responsible person.
- Languages: High level of English, both spoken and written .
- Experience in this sector is valuable.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a our administration team.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications:10/12/2020 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'