Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a PhD student to work on the project “Remodeling of the microtubule cytoskeleton and cell fate during brain development” funded by the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities-Spanish State Research Agency and by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER) of the European Union, and with reference number PGC2018-099562-B-I00. The candidate will join the Microtubule Organization Laboratory led by Prof. Jens Luders at the IRB Barcelona.
-Purify gamma-tubulin ring complex and regulators
- Establish in vitro microtubule nucleation assays using purified proteins and TIRF imaging
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: biochemical training; protein purification and characterization
- Knowledge: protein biochemistry
- Skills: affinity purification, PAGE, FPLC
- Languages: Good knowledge in English
- Experience: setting up in vitro assays with purified proteins
- Knowledge: microtubule cytoskeleton; working with tubulin/microtubules
- Skills: single molecule imaging, TIRF microscopy
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 90 Postdoctoral researchers (more than a half non-Spanish nationals) are currently working at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications for the above opening should include CV, motivation letter, and at least 2 references.
- Deadline for applications: 30/11/2020 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: number
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'