Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking an International Project Manager to coordinate the implementation of the Horizon Europe
project titled Molecular Dynamics Data Bank. The European Repository for Biosimulation Data (https://mddbr.eu/). The project is coordinated by IRB Barcelona’s Molecular Modelling and Bioinformatics laboratory.
Working closely with the project’s scientific coordinator and the International Strategic Support Office, the International Project Manager will be responsible for consortium management and implementation of the project.
The main duties include:
- Monitoring the achievement of project milestones, managing risks and ensuring the timely completion of reporting duties.
- Fostering consortium internal communication and coordinated progress towards project objectives.
- Coordination with other IRB Barcelona administrative departments (finance, legal, purchasing, innovation).
- Organizing project events, including management meetings, workshops and other stakeholder engagement events.
- Coordinating the consortium dissemination and stakeholder engagement strategy
- Screening for opportunities and preparing proposals for funding aimed at guaranteeing the sustainability of the project results.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
Experience: Knowledge on databases and/or data management, molecular simulation and/or bioinformatics.
Education: MSc or PhD in life-sciences-related field
- Proactivity and capacity to work independently
- Strong organisational, planning and multi-tasking capacities, team worker with ability to work to strict deadlines, identify and resolve problems and seek consensus.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- The ideal candidate has worked as a researcher or project manager in a collaborative environment at international level.
Experience: Expertise in the management of EU projects
Education: background in informatics, engineering, computational biology will be a plus.
Other skills: Management of social media and/or web content
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Permanent-Contract linked to the project Horizon Europe project MDDB. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of an established research group.
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 04/12/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Selection process:
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.