Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Digital Workplace Engineer to work on the IT Department.
The remit of this role is broad, covering all elements of our client’s digital offering, including their applications, and infrastructure, through to traditional desktop support. Experience of working in a structured support environment, able to follow guidance and instructions and ensure best practice is adhered to is imperative.
As a Digital Workplace Engineer, you will be accountable for:
- Oversee the entirety of our Google Workspace domain, ensuring every component, from infrastructure to configuration and related support processes, is optimized.
- Educate our partners on the potential of Google Workspace, enabling them to successfully drive technical innovation for our customers.
- Understanding organizational problems and processes by applying problem-solving and decision-making skills through delivering services and solutions using Google Workspace services.
- Work with partner technical teams to incorporate their existing solutions with Google Workspace, or develop proof-of-concepts (POCs) Industry or vertical solutions, that allow Google partners to maximize advantages of using Google Workspace.
- Provide in-depth Google Workspace design, migration and deployment expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s partners, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting partner.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Google Workspace: Deep expertise in the Google Workspace admin console, core services, and their functionalities is essential. Demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge effectively in an enterprise environment, implementing organizational changes and addressing edge cases.• GAM & Apps Script: Proficiency in Google Admin SDK's GAM (Google Apps Manager) and experience in developing solutions with Apps Script.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years working with Google Workspace in a large enterprise or as a consultant for a Google partner.
- Training and People Management: Experience in training IT staff and end-users as well as managing an agile team of engineers.
- Proven ability to work independently in a full and/or partial remote environment with limited supervision and may supervise/lead others.
- Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems.
- Professional Google Workspace Administrator Certification.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) administration, overseeing billing and IAM.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Permanent Contract. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 15/12/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.