Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a highly motivated Academic Office Coordinator to join our Human Resources and Academic Affairs department. The Academic Office Coordinator will ensure the right operation of the academic programmes and actively participate in increasing the students' satisfaction level in order to attract/retain more national and international talent.
This position aims to cover a maternity leave, after this period, the possibility of a permanent position will be reviewed.
- Coordinate the general organization of the Academic Office
- Coordinate European programmes for PhDs and Postdocs: call coordination, preparation of official reports, reporting to the Research Executive Agency (REA), call coordination, monitoring of fellows, training and supervision of PhD students.
- Coordinate the IRB Barcelona International PhD and Postdoctoral fellowships programmes: call opening and dissemination, eligibility check, interviews on IRB Barcelona premises, notification of results and onboarding.
- Provide personalized support to students, students committees and scientist on academic affairs.
- Coordinate activities for young researchers at the Institute ( PhD Retreats, Social Activities, Footstep programmes for international students, among others)
- Liaise with other research institutes to share expertise on Academic Affairs.
- Coordinate the IRB Barcelona PhD Council.
- Support the pre-award department in the preparation of competitive programmes (ie: COFUNDs, ITNs)
- Participate in other projects organized by external agencies (ie: SCI FI EIT Health)
- Support the HR area in other talent management and administration functions related to development of policies, training activities.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
Previous experience in a similar function
- General understanding of HR processes and policies
- Degree in a life sciences-related field or Humanities
- Good command (spoken and written) of Catalan, Spanish and English
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong resolution and proactivity
- Strong organisational, time management and project management skills
- Excel advanced user
- Flexible and people oriented
- Experience in scientific meetings organisation
Knowledge: PhD or equivalent experience
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Temporary position to cover a maternity leave, expected to last 6 months, with the possibility of a permanent position after the initial period. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 20/11/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.