Fundraising Officer (ref. AD/23/02)
We are a world-class biomedical research centre that works to achieve a society free of diseases. Our mission is to carry out multidisciplinary research of excellence to offer pioneering solutions to unresolved medical needs in cancer and other diseases linked to ageing.
Our research results reach patients through technology transfer, which is accomplished by establishing collaborations with the pharmaceutical industry and the main hospitals. We are also committed to knowledge. To this end, we offer the best training in biomedical sciences to young researchers, students and visitors, and maintain an open dialogue with citizens through a range of scientific communication and outreach activities. IRB Barcelona was founded in 2005 by the Catalan Government and the University of Barcelona (UB) and is located in the Barcelona Science Park (PCB). We are a CERCA centre that is part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST).
IRB Barcelona seeks a Fundraising Officer to join our Fundraising, Communication & Marketing Department. We are looking for a proactive, passionate and selling-oriented professional with proven experience in fundraising.
- To manage the acquisition of new individual donors through non-digital channels (P2P, events, F2F, MGM, etc).
- To manage the acquisition of strategic donors by developing a consistent corporate fundraising policy aimed at attracting companies, foundations and major donors in coordination with our Strategic Donors & Philantropy Officer.
- To plan and implement all those necessary fundraising campaigns needed to attain our annual acquisition goals, which need to be integrated and coordinated with the rest of Department’s activities.
- To gather information, research data and generate all audiovisual and written content needed for these campaigns.
- To manage and update all necessary contacts in our CRM (Salesforce).
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- 7 years of experience in fundraising, ideally related to different fundraising channels
- University degree in marketing, sales, communications or other related studies
- Specific studies in fundraising would be highly appreciated
- Fluent in Catalan, Spanish and English
- Specific knowledge of science and research would be appreciated
- General knowledge and experience in the non-profit sector would be a plus
- Proactive and resilient fundraiser, able to take initiative in approaching donors through different channels and with no fear to ask for their support
- Diplomatic negotiator, able to listen and to understand strategic donor needs in order to convince them through elegant and persuasive interpersonal communication
- Analytical thinker, able to plan and measure campaigns and our donor base through thorough data management
- Emphatic person, able to understand how our beneficiaries, scientists and donors feel
- Team player, able to coordinate all fundraising efforts with the rest of the FUNCOM team and to communicate in an assertive manner
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Permanent Contract. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 17/03/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Selection process:
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
- D) ADMINISTRATION
Fundraising Officer (ref. AD/23/02)
Loading application form