Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking an Administrative Assistant.
- Processing invoices from suppliers and charges of other institutions
- Allocating costs to projects
- Dealing with suppliers with regard to balancing accounts, claiming invoices, providing payment information, etc
- Issuing invoices and managing payment of the same
- Providing general support for the other members of the team
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required
Experience: 1 years of experience in a similar position
- FP in Finance, Accounting, Business or Administration
- Advanced Excel skills
- ERP (i.e. SAP Business One)
- Teamwork skills
- Good organisational, planning and multi-tasking capacities
- Results-oriented person
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- English (Intermediate level)
Experience: 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Catalan (Intermediate level)
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Permanent Position. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. This Job position is following the ordinary and additional rate of Law 20/2021, of 28 December, measures urgent for the reduction of temporary employment in the public sector and approved by the IRB Barcelona Board of Trustees
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 31/01/2023
If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended.
Number of positions available: 1
Selection process based on merits:
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job Offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview
- Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.