Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Systems Architect to work at the Information Technology and Services Department at the IRB Barcelona. The candidate will be expected to make high-level design choices and to dictate technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- To manage a heterogeneous group of systems, including Identity Management Systems (LDAP, Active Directory), MariaDB and MySql Databases, Google G suite services and AWS Services.
- To manage CMS systems like Drupal and Joomla.
- To manage software projects developed by third party suppliers, using agile methodologies.
- To develop in-house changes to the current web applications (css, html, php).
- To define, implement and maintain interfaces between a myriad of systems (using API rest, web services, etc.).
- To administer IRB Barcelona’s Microsoft Active Directory.
- To be responsible for documenting the configuration of the systems.
- To evaluate new technologies and solutions that can later be included in the catalogue of services offered.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
Bachelor degree or higher in Informatics, Telecommunications Engineering, or similar. 10 years of experience in a similar position.
- Project Management: Project planning and development in alignment with organizational objectives
- Front End development experience
- CMS systems management
- SQL Database Administration
- LDAP and Active Directory
- Web server management (Apache, nginx, etc.)
- Basic administration skills in Linux operating systems
- Basic networking skills (mainly DNS and basic TCP/IP)
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish
- Strong organizational, planning and multitasking capacity
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
Knowledge: Sap Business One Administration & SalesForce.
Skills: It would be helpful but not necessary to have experience working previously in a scientific environment. Good level of Catalan.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Permanent Contract. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. This Job position is following the ordinary and additional rate of Law 20/2021, of 28 December, measures urgent for the reduction of temporary employment in the public sector and approved by the IRB Barcelona Board of Trustees
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 31/01/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Selection process based on merits:
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.