Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks to recruit a Research Assistant. We are looking for a motivated individual with teamwork skills to join a position to work in our experimental laboratory on nucleic acids chemistry. We offer a unique research environment with strong connection between theoreticians and experimentalists.
We offer competitive position in a well-recognized group, based on the Barcelona Institute for Research in Biomedicine, an outstanding research Center with an exciting multidisciplinary environment, and placed in Barcelona, one of the most attractive cities in Europe.
- We are searching for a candidate with a strong background in chemistry and interest in work in the interface between chemistry and biotechnology.
- Ordering, reception and management of all reagents and consumables
- Responsible for disseminating all the EBL working guidelines, including safety issues, and the inventory of the EBL
- Provide support to Adminstration with the suppliers according to the general IRB framework
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- BS in Chemistry or Pharmacy, ideally a PhD and very high motivation to work in complex problems in the cutting edge of the field.
- Experience in research centers
- Skills and expertise on the management of cell cultures, as well as many novel molecular biology skills such as clonning, qPCR, protein purification, western blotting, gel preparation, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Permanent Position. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. This Job position is following the ordinary and additional rate of Law 20/2021, of 28 December, measures urgent for the reduction of temporary employment in the public sector and the Gov/241/2022 Agreement of 22 of November authorizing the increase in the budget staff in application of the labor reform and for the reduction of temporary employment in public employment. and approved by the IRB Barcelona Board of Trustees.
- The unique opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary group which is currently involved in several National and European projects related to computational biology.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 31/01/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: number
Selection process will be merit based:
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.