Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
We offer a Research Assistant position to work in our experimental laboratory on nucleic acids chemistry. We offer a unique research environment with strong connection between theoreticians and experimentalists.
We offer competitive position in a well-recognized group, based on the Barcelona Institute for Research in Biomedicine, an outstanding research Center with an exciting multidisciplinary environment, and placed in Barcelona, one of the most attractive cities in Europe.
A description of the group can be found at http://mmb.irbbarcelona.org/www/
Informal inquiries can be directed to the PI at email@example.com
We are searching for candidates with a strong background in chemistry and interest in work in the interface between chemistry and biotechnology.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
- BS in Chemistry or Pharmacy, ideally a PhD and very high motivation to work in complex problems in the cutting edge of the field.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- The unique opportunity to work within an international consortium that brings together the most prominent European researchers in the field of computational biology.
- The unique opportunity to work closely with a High Performance Computing (HPC) centre as the Barcelona Supercomputing Centre (BSC), with one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe (Marenostrum IV), and recently selected by EuroHPC to host one of the largest European supercomputers (Marenostrum V).
- The unique opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary group which is currently involved in several National and European projects related to computational biology.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 20/01/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.