Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking an International Project Manager to support the implementation of several collaborative projects funded by H2020 (Health) and Horizon Europe (Mission on Cancer) awarded to the Genome Data Science Laboratory (GDSL), led by ICREA professor Fran Supek. Reporting to the group leader of the GDSL and the head of Competitive Funding, the Project Manager is expected to carry out a combination of scientific project management tasks and show excellent organisation and communication skills. They will be fully immersed in the cutting-edge research environment at the IRB Barcelona.
The main duties of the International Projects Manager will be to:
- Support the group leader of the GDSL in the implementation of collaborative projects, mainly DECIDER and LUCIA:
- Collect research output from the team to be integrated into draft reports and/or presentations.
- Prepare regular scientific reports and presentations and keep track of project timelines, meet schedules and ensure reporting duties (milestones, deliverables, periodic reports, etc.).
- Maintain strong channels of communication with the group leader and lab members to ensure goals are met.
- Guarantee the smooth and timely communication with the coordinators of the projects and consortium partners (attending meetings, providing feedback to written communications, etc.).
- Coordinate with other IRB Barcelona administrative departments (mainly finance, legal, purchasing, and innovation).
- Support the implementation of the research data management policy.
- Assist with the preparation of new proposals of other EU-funded collaborative projects coordinated by IRB Barcelona (attending networking events and training sessions aimed at identifying funding opportunities, partner searches, writing of impact and implementation parts of new proposals, budget drafting, etc.)
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
Experience: PhD in a life sciences-related field
Knowledge: Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proactivity and capacity to work independently
- Strong organisational, planning and multi-tasking capacities, team worker with ability to work to strict deadlines, identify and resolve problems, and seek consensus
- Outstanding writing skills
- The ideal candidate has worked as a researcher or project manager in a collaborative environment at international level
Experience: Post-doctoral experience Project management of EU-funded research projects
Knowledge: Knowledge of H2020 / Horizon Europe research and innovation programme
- Use of collaborative project management software
- Management of social media and/or web content
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 01/01/2023 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.irbbarcelona.org
Please check our Recruitment Policy.