Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks to recruit a Predoctoral student to join the lab Dr. Núria López-Bigas at the IRB Barcelona (https://bbglab.irbbarcelona.org/).
We are searching for a highly motivated Predoctoral student to work in a Cancer Genomics Research group. He/she will work in Bioinformatics projects related to Cancer genomics, in an exciting, interactive challenging and equal opportunity team-working environment in a modern research institute, with innovative research infrastructures and core facilities. We provide a supportive training environment with world-class support at the group- and institute-level to maximize professional career development. This call is supported by an FPI fellowship associated to Project “Effects of chemotherapies in healthy tissues (CHEMOHEALTH)” MINISTERIO DE CIENCIA E INNOVACIÓN/ PROYECTOS DE GENERACIÓN DE CONOCIMIENTO 2021.
- Develop projects in collaboration with other team members.
- Participate and present in group meetings and scientific discussions.
- Write manuscripts together with other researchers and the PIs.
- Engage in career development activities, outreach and soft-skill training.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
The position is aimed at students who have completed one of the following options by June 2023:
- Studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree in Biochemistry, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Biology or related fields and that have 300 credits (ECTS), of which at least 60 must correspond to master level.
- A degree in a non-Spanish university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area and that gives access to doctoral studies in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Physics, Medicine, Chemistry or related fields in Spain.
- Highly motivated and collaborative person.
- High writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Previous bioinformatics/biological data analysis skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
International environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of an established research group.
Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications for the above opening should include a Full CV and Motivation letter and a scanned copy of your certified academic record. This document must show the final mark and the grade reports for the required university degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Physics, Medicine, Chemistry or related fields.
Deadline for applications: 07/12/2022 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
For more information please visit our website at: www.irbbarcelona.org
Please check our Recruitment Policy.