Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Financial Controller & Tax Officer to joint our Finance department. The mission of the Finance Department is to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting, while providing an effective planning, management and control of the IRB Barcelona financial resources, in order to successfully support the necessary operations to continue to achieve first class biomedical research.
- Managing all tax liquidation issues established by current legislation: preparing the necessary reports for tax liquidation
- Core facilities: Reviewing and updating the Core Facilities prices. Invocing and preparing periodic reports related to them
- Controlling structural projects: Participation in the preparation of the budget and financial forecast. Analysis and explanation of discrepancies, monitoring provisions and ensuring the consistency of the data analyzed in the monthly reports
- Registration of the monthly and annual accounting closing
- Collaborating with other financial reportings and accounting analytics
- Opening of projects and making the necessary changes in the ERP
- Active collaboration with the external audits
- To contribute to the continuous system implementations and process improvement
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an accountant/controller/auditor/tax or similar position. Previous experience on acting as accountant / controller / auditor related to public sector will be a plus.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Administration.
- Knowledge of tax legislation.
- Advanced Excel skills and Power BI.
- ERP (i.e. SAP Business One).
- English (advanced level).
- Teamwork skills.
- Good organisational, planning and multi-tasking capacities.
- Results-oriented person.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 08/06/2022 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV and experience.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com You will receive a response within a month.'