Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a highly motivated Project Officer to join the Post-Award office. The selected candidate will support the IRB Barcelona Researchers’ with the different competitive projects and will ensure the regulatory compliance, by providing resources, support, advice and guidance on delivery of their projects.
The selected candidate will report to the Section Head of the Post-Award office, as well as, to the Head of Finance.
- Ensuring the execution of economic reports and justifications and the timely submission of scientific reports and deliverables.
- Preparing financial Audits of projects.
- Liaising with other departments for the proper implementation of projects.
- Managing a pool of research laboratories, optimizing resources within the available budget. Supervising and verifying the consistency of research projects performed by the different laboratories assigned
- Assisting with management tasks of competitive funds for research (technical support).
- Informing principal investigators of any compliance issues regarding grantor agency regulations, and disallowances with their program. Assisting in correcting discrepancies and monitoring corrective actions.
- Liaising with the funding entities, for the resolution of administrative or financial issues.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required
- Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum of 2 years’ experience, as a Project Officer or Financial Controller preferably.
- High level of English and Spanish (written & spoken). Catalan will be a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (especially Excel) and ERPs (SAP - BO).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously Used to work under tight deadlines. Capacity to work proactive and autonomously when required.
- Knowledge of other funding programmes such as the “Convocatoria Emergentes FEDER” and “projectes singulars institucionals d’infraestructures de R+D” funded by the Generalitat de Catalunya will be positively valued. Experience with EU Programmes and “Plan Estatal de Investigación Científica”.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in research environment
- Capacity to adapt to changes and prioritize tasks will be a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Permanent contract. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 11/05/2022 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'