Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a highly motivated HR & Labour Relations Officer to join its People and Academic Affairs department.
The successful candidate will provide efficient and excellent service support in personnel administration and labour relations matters to staff. We are looking for a person who is proactive and interested in participating in improvement projects within the Human Resources area
- Support the department in issues relating to the entire life cycle of employees: onboarding documentation, employment contract, compensation, contract termination, etc., including entering data into HR information systems, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and legal compliance at all times.
- Support the department in the preparation of HR statistics and reporting, such as monthly and annual headcount, staff turnover, recruitment metrics, etc.
- Review and update company policies related to labour relations and personnel administration, ensuring legal compliance and application.
- Assist the Head of HR with the management of labour relations and preparation of documents and records required for contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labour organisations.
- Assist the Head of HR with the preparation of reports and personnel costs.
- Provide support for labour audits.
- Monitor new developments in labour legislation, public practices, and internal regulations.
- Identify processes and draw up internal procedures and automated procedures to improve the management of the area .
- Provide optimal service to employees and expert advice regarding labour legislation, ensuring compliance with the legal aspects.
- Take an active part in the development and implementation of transversal projects undertaken by the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
Understanding of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to HR and contract negotiations
General understanding of core HR processes and policies
Bachelor’s degree in Labour Relations, Law or relevant field with similar emphasis on HR
Knowledge of Spanish labour law
Analytical and detail-oriented
Decisive and proactive
Highly organised and reliable
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Flexible and people-oriented
Excellent command (spoken and written) of English, Spanish and Catalan
Advanced user of the Microsoft Office package (especially Excel).
- Knowledge: MSc in Human Resources, SAP Business One
- Previous experience in a research centre or public institution
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
Continuous training: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 31/05/2022 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
Number of positions available: 1
Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com You will receive a response within a month.'