Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 30 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks a motivated Postdoctoral Researcher for the MMB Group of the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona; http://mmb.irbbarcelona.org/www/) to work on the project “Cluster Emergente del Cerebro Humano” (CECH). The CECH project -file number 001-P-001682- is co-financed by the European Union Regional Development Fund within the framework of the ERDF Operational Program of Catalonia 2014-2020 with a grant of 50% of total cost eligible with the support of Generalitat de Catalonia".
- We are looking for a candidate to work in the development of computational tools to understand the effect of sequence changes and mismatches on the chromatin structure.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- PhD in Chemistry.
- Experience in oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Experience in chemical biology.
- Fluent English
- Good teamwork skills.
- Skills on cell culture, western blot and confocal microscopy
- Experience with NMR experiments
- Skills on Linux OS, shell and scripting languages (Bash, CSH, Perl, Python, R)
- Participation on international conferences and workshops
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications..
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established research group Molecular Modeling and Bioinformatic Unit
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Deadline for applications: 30/11/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com You will receive a response within a month.'