Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 30 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks to recruit a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the lab of Drs. Francesc Posas and Eulàlia de Nadal at the IRB Barcelona (https://www.irbbarcelona.org/en/research/cell-signaling).
The IRB Barcelona is seeking for a postdoctoral researcher interested in cancer and biology, with strong interest in cell cycle regulation. If you are passionate about research and excited to advance your scientific career in an outstanding research environment, you may be the one we are looking for. The Cell Signaling Group is a multidisciplinary group interested in understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying cellular stress responses. We have systematically employed a wide array of molecular biology, biochemistry and in vivo approaches.
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to study the regulation of Retinoblastoma using mice as organism model. The successful applicant will join a team of international researchers based at the IRB. H/she will work in an exciting, interactive challenging and equal opportunity team-working environment in a modern research institute, with innovative research infrastructures and core facilities. We provide an incredible training environment with world-class support at the group- and institute-level to maximize professional career development.
- Co-lead projects in collaboration with PhD students and Postdocs.
- Participate and present in group meetings and scientific discussions.
- Write manuscripts together with other researchers and the PIs.
- Engage in teaching and training undergrad and graduate students.
- Engage in career development activities, outreach and soft-skill training.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: PhD in any of the Life Sciences fields. A strong interest in cancer and biology is an essential pre-requisite, as is passion and perseverance in equal measure. 1 first (or co-first) author publication.
- Knowledge: Strong background in cell and molecular biology techniques, and the use of mice as model organism. Experience as researcher user of experimentation animal is required.
- Skills: Ability to work independently. Highly motivated, ambitious, and collaborative person. Proven track record in conducting research, including design, execution and interpretation of the data as shown in previous publications. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to contribute to other projects on a collaborative basis both in the lab and with external collaborators.
- Potential to guide PhD and master students in their research.
- Experience and knowledge in HTS and interest in transfer knowledge.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 90 Postdoctoral researchers (more than a half non-Spanish nationals) are currently working at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications for the above opening should include a cover letter summarizing research interests and goals, full CV and the names and addresses of two references.
- Deadline for applications: 02/11/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com'