Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Research Officer for the MS & Proteomics Core Facility. Comprising seven members of staff, this facility supports the cutting-edge research conducted at the centre. In this regard, by developing and implementing innovative methodology, the facility helps scientists to improve the results obtained from their experiments.
- Mass Spectrometry-based proteomic analysis: experimental sample processing following proteomic workflows, data acquisition using new generation mass spectrometers and data analysis using dedicated software.
- Execution and development of high-throughput analytical workflows for qualitative and quantitative clinical proteomic applications.
- High-throughput proteomics data analysis.
- Calibration and maintenance of the equipment and unit.
- Attendance to users.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: In proteomics, both in experimental workflows and data analysis pipelines. Experience in executing workflows for quantitative analysis (TMT labelling, label free, phosphorilation enrichment, PTM enrichment). In clinical samples proteomic analysis. In data acquisition in orbitraps and high resolution mass spectrometers. Experience in the use of specialized proteomics software (MaxQuant, Sequest, Skyline, MassLynx, Proteome Discoverer, PEAKS).
- Knowledge: A degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related fields.
- Skills: In clinical samples proteomic analysis.
- Experience: Handling large number of clinical samples.
- Knowledge: In modern protemic strategies.
- Skills: Organized and dynamic person, with initiative and highly motivated to work in a research environment within a Core Facility. High degree of work autonomy and good teamworker. Willing to work for users projects. Good communication skills and fluency in English.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a team member of an established Core Facility.
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 20/10/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com'