Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Laboratory Technician for our Growth Control and Metastasis Laboratory led by Dr. Roger Gomis, in our Cancer Science program. We are looking for someone interested in learning and professionally growing in a young, dynamic and competitive laboratory.
- Processing samples from preclinical experimental models. Including tissue fixation, FFPE, sectioning and IHC or FISH staining.
- Contribute to general lab aspects: Technicians in the lab have assigned different tasks, which vary from aliquoting antibodies to stock maintenance to ordering. Some tasks will be assigned to the candidate.
- Collaboration with ongoing projects in the group: the selected candidate will join one or several ongoing projects to support and perform the necessary techniques required for the project. This may include: in vitro (Biochemistry and molecular biology), ex vivo and in vivo techniques, and general lab experience in a biomedical lab.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- General Laboratory Experience in a Biomedical Lab.
- Habilitation and experience with mouse work will be positively evaluated.
- Commitment to perform the tasks with excellence.
- Organization skills.
- Ability to team-work as well as to work independently.
- Fluent in English. With the ability to hold conversations.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of an established research group (only for Laboratory).
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
- Deadline for applications: 30/09/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com'