Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 30 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks a motivated Postdoctoral researcher for the Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics Lab, led by Dr. Alejo Rodriguez-Fraticelli (fraticellilab.com).
The lab focuses on developing biotechnology to discover intrinsic regulators of stem cell heterogeneity in leukemia and beyond, with the goal to find innovative cures to prevent drug-resistance and relapse in these terrible diseases.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in cancer biology, epigenetic analysis and stem cell research. The ideal candidate would be familiar with single-cell sequencing analysis, clonal analysis, biostatistics, and/or genomics.
The position for this Postdoctoral researcher will be funded through the Cris Cancer Excellence Program awarded to the lab, with the potential to extend this contract up to 5 years. This level of support makes this an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to transition to an independent research-focused position.
- Lead a single-cell biotechnology project in the lab, with the assistance of a research technician
- Co-lead other projects in collaboration with PhD students and Postdocs
- Engage in teaching and training undergrad and graduate students
- Participate and present in group meetings and scientific discussions
- Write manuscripts together with other researchers
- Engage in career development activities, outreach and soft-skill training
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- PhD in Developmental Biology, Immunology, Cancer Biology, Systems Biology, Biophysics, Quantitative Biology, or equivalent
- 1 first (or co-first) author publication
- Fluency in English
- Advanced knowledge of programming for sequence analysis, multivariable data analysis, statistical models and data presentation
- Experience in single-cell sequencing data analysis
- Experience in chromatin accessibility and immunoprecipitation
- Experience in mathematical modelling
- Experience in international teams
- Excellent communication skills
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of the Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics lab.
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications for the above opening should include Full CV with publications and Motivation Letter and should apply on https://recruitment.irbbarcelona.org/, Reference: PD/21/14
- Deadline for applications: 15/10/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
For more information please visit our website at: www.irbbarcelona.org
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'