Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Project Officer to join the Post-Award office. The selected candidate will report to the Section Head of the Post-Award office, as well as, to the Head of Finance.
- Ensuring the execution of economic reports and justifications and the timely submission of scientific reports and deliverables.
- Supervising and verifying the consistency of research projects performed by the different programs and laboratories assigned.
- Monitoring and advising scientists with research projects, ensuring a global perspective of the financial situation of the laboratory.
- Assisting with management tasks of competitive funds for research (technical support).
- Liaising with the funding entities, for the resolution of administrative or financial issues.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum of 3 years’ experience, as a Project Officer in a research environment (both working with national and international projects). Experience with EU Programme H2020 and “plan Estatal de Investigación Científica” is essential.
- Knowledge: High level of English and Spanish (written & spoken). Catalan will be a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (especially Excel) and ERPs (SAP - BO).
- Skills: Excellent organizational and time management skills. Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously Used to work under tight deadlines. Capacity to work proactive and autonomously when required.
- Knowledge: knowledge of other funding programmes such as the “Convocatoria Emergentes FEDER” and “projectes singulars institucionals d’infraestructures de R+D” funded by the Generalitat de Catalunya will be positive valued.
- Experience: 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Skills: Capacity to adapt to changes and prioritize tasks will be a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications for the above opening should include letter describing your interest in the position and a complete CV (both in English), and should apply on: https://recruitment.irbbarcelona.org/, Reference: AD/21/11
- Deadline for applications: 07/07/2021
If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended.
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job Offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org'