Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Senior Online Marketing & Fundraising Specialist for the Fundraising, Communication and Marketing Unit. This Unit is engaged in a wide range of communications, fundraising and public engagement activities, which aim to raise awareness of IRB Barcelona´s activities and funds among a variety of audiences, both scientific and non.
- Design and implementation of digital communication & fundraising campaigns
- IRB Barcelona’s web management
- IRB Barcelona’s online shop management
- Design and implementation of a merchandising strategy
- Ongoing data analysis and reporting
- Delivery of engaging, creative, high-quality content for a variety of digital formats
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
Experience: 4 years experience in a similar position.
-Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Fundraising or a related field.
-Strong Working knowledge of Drupal, Mailchimp, FB Business, Google Analytics, Google Ads. GTM, Excel
-Solid understanding of Salesforce and CRM management Tools and digital systems management.
-Analytical with excellent understanding of data management
-Good writing and editing skills
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
-Creative and bold
- Fluent in English , Spanish and Catalan
- Experience in writing content and marketing messages about scientific research findings and research activities.
- Professional experience in digital marketing strategy or related consultancy
- Knowledge: Photoshop, Canva, InDesign, Illustrator.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 30/06/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'