Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Public Procurement Officer for the preparation and follow-up of all administrative documentation of the IRB Barcelona tender procedures as contracting authority, according to the Spanish Public Sector Contracts Law. The successful candidate will join the Legal Department of IRB Barcelona. He/She will be expected to work independently and as a part of a small team.
- Preparation and follow-up of all administrative documentation of the tender procedures, including the drafting of the Specific Administrative Terms and Conditions and other necessary documentation.
- Publication of the documentation on the corresponding platform, both at national and European level (Contractor Profile, Platform of the Public Registry of Contracts of the Generalitat de Catalunya, DOUE).
- Advice to the different internal departments on the preparation of the necessary documentation for the tender procedures.
- Coordination with the purchasing department in relation to the tender procedures.
- Support to the tenderers.
- Monitoring and execution of the annual tender procedures plan.
- Control of budgetary aspects of the tender procedures.
- File and custody of the documentation related to the tender procedures.
- Other tasks derived from the procurements.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years in public procurements.
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in Law, ADE, Economics or equivalent, with specific training in public procurements and extensive knowledge of the Spanish procurements regulations, especially the Law 9/2017 on Public Sector Contracts.
- Skills: Good command of the Public Procurement Service Platform of the Generalitat de Catalunya (PSCP), the Electronic Envelope tool (Sobre Digital) of the PSCP and the Platform of the Public Registry of Contracts of the Generalitat de Catalunya. Microsoft Office. Excellent writing and verbal communications skills in Spanish & Catalan. Good knowledge of English. Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Experience: Ideally working experience in a research institution.
- Knowledge: Master degree/Postgraduate studies in administrative law.
- Skills: Efficient problem solver.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our administration team
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 10/10/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org