Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 30 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
We are seeking a Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician for a collaborative project between the “Targeted Protein Degradation & Drug Discovery lab” (IRB Barcelona) and the spin-off “Nostrum Biodiscovery” (NBD).
NBD is a young spin-off of the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, the Institute for Research in Biomedicine of Barcelona, the University of Barcelona and ICREA. The company uses its transferred computational technologies to perform drug discovery programs and enzyme engineering studies for clients. Moreover, NBD has its own portfolio of New Chemical Entities in collaboration with academia with the aim of reaching the market for unmet medical needs.
- Lead a drug discovery research project in collaboration between Cristina Mayor-Ruiz group and Nostrum Biodiscovery.
- Participate in group meetings and scientific discussions.
- Write manuscripts together with other researchers and the PIs.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- PhD in, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Biomedicine or equivalent.
- Great knowledge of programming, data analysis and statistics.
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative research team.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in computational modelling.
- Experience in chemical biology.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in international teams.
- Experience in chemo-informatics, drug discovery, protein-protein interaction prediction.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of a vibrant collaborative project at the interface of computational modelling and drug discovery.
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 20/06/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com'