Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Directorate team in all aspects of planning, organisation, coordination, and improvement, while guaranteeing a smooth, efficient and effective running of the department.
The Executive Assistant is often the first point of contact with the Directorate team, for both internal and outside enquiries. The role therefore requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an overview of the workings of the entire organisation. The Executive Assistant is expected to handle sensitive and confidential information and demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and discretion. The Executive Assistant reports to the Director and the Managing Director.
- Act as the point of contact between the Directorate, Boards, staff and external partners.
- Provide administrative support, coordination and oversight of a broad variety of tasks, while setting work priorities and ensuring that deadlines are met. These tasks include managing calendars and contacts, arranging meetings, receiving visitors, managing travel arrangements, scheduling and filtering phone calls, managing the Directorate budget, etc.
- Offer support in the logistics associated with a variety of institutional events and meetings, including the Board meetings and External Advisory Board meetings.
- Provide ad-hoc support with reporting, collection or analysis of data, as well as preparation of presentations and reports. Prepare electronic files and demonstrate ability to proofread for spelling and grammar.
- Ensure the highest level of discretion in providing a wide range of executive assistant support, while setting priorities, managing the workflow in an efficient, timely and organised manner.
- Maintain the proper organisation of institutional and management filing systems (digital and hard copies).
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: At least 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel), and collaborative editing tools (Google docs/ sheets/ slides).
- Familiarity with video conferencing solutions, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet.
- Language requirements: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Demonstrated organisational and project management skills: prioritization, time management, attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Solution focus and proactivity: take ownership of assigned tasks, provide tailored solutions, resourceful in info gathering/research.
- Positive attitude, innovative, people-oriented, flexible and able to work in a team.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Experience: Relevant executive-level administrative or similar experience in a large organisation, preferably in a scientific and international/multicultural environment.
- Knowledge: Event and logistics experience. Ability to speak other languages. Basic knowledge of public relations and protocol.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of our administration team.
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 15/06/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter & experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org'