Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Junior Laboratory Technician to support in two projects aimed at understanding stem cell biology in aging and metastasis. The Stem Cell and Cancer group headed by Salvador Aznar Benitah aims at understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying the spatiotemporal regulation of adult stem cells in the healthy tissue, and how these are deregulated during ageing and cancer.
The selected candidate will assist a postdoc to take care of the mouse colony, genotype, perform molecular and cellular biology techniques.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience in animal handling, animal experimentation is a must Candidates that do not fulfill this pre-requisite please abstain from applying
- Background in molecular biology
- Highly independent, motivated, and collaborative person
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Candidate must speak English
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: A 6 months position, possibly extendable. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of an established research group
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 06/06/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Applications for the above opening should include: A presentation letter describing past and current projects (not more than 1.5 pages) addressed to Dr. Salvador Aznar Benitah & a full CV including previous experience and technical expertise.
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com'