Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 30 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks a motivated Postdoctoral Researcher for the MMB Group of the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona; http://mmb.irbbarcelona.org/www/) in the study of modified nucleic acids with therapeutic properties. The selected candidate will work in an outstanding environment with strong support from modelling teams, close collaboration with international groups and will have access to top facilities, under the framework of the project "Simulación Multiresolución de ácidos nucleicos" (MSCOM), funded by the Spanish Research State Agency (RTI2018-096704-B-I00)”.
We are looking for a candidate to work on our experimental lab in the processes of synthesis, characterization and study of new compounds, ranging from small molecules (especially, modified nucleotides), oligonucleotide derivatives and oligonucleotide-peptide conjugates.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- PhD in Chemistry.
- Experience in oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Experience in chemical biology.
- Experience in cell culture; Western blot and confocal microscopy will be a plus.
- Fluent English
- Good teamwork skills.
- Experience: In peptide synthesis and protein modification.
- Skills: Good skills on mentoring and training PhD students.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established research group Molecular Modeling and Bioinformatic Unit.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE REFERENCES:
- Buitrago et al., Nature Comm., 12, 1, 2021
- Aranda et al., Nature Catalysis, 2, 544, 2019
- Arangundy et al., Nature Chem., 11. 533, 2019
- Terrazas et al., Chem, 5, 1619, 2019
- Terrazas et al., Chem.Comm., 55, 802, 2019
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications for the above opening should include Full CV, motivation letter and list of publications
- Deadline for applications: 30/09/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Selection process:
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, Publications, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com'