Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks a motivated Section Head for the Pre-Award Grants Office which is one of the sections of the Competitive Funding and International Promotion Department.
The Pre-Award Section manages more than 150 applications/year. The office supports the research faculty at IRB Barcelona to identify funding opportunities and assists them in the preparation of the corresponding proposals.
We are looking for someone with very good communications skills, ready to work in close relationship with funding bodies, research groups, and tightly collaborate with the Section of International Strategic Support and the Post-Award Office. Together with the Competitive Funding and International Promotion Head you will be expected to lead our Pre-Award team and provide effective guidance.
- Coordination of the Pre-Award Section (2 officers).
- Provide proactive support to the IRB Barcelona community in securing competitive funds for research and institute-related activities.
- Search for and provide information on funding opportunities and open calls.
- Act as a contact point with granting agencies.
- Provide full assistance during the whole application and negotiation cycle.
- Oversee eligibility criteria, budget compliance, ethical issues and other requirements.
- Prepare and submit proposals.
- Negotiate agreements and manage final signature issues.
- Draw up and maintain a database for grant application purposes.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Strong experience in grants management, gained in a scientific environment.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Capacity to communicate equally well with scientists, administrators and management bodies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with contracts
- Good computer skills (MS Office, in particular).
- Working knowledge of Catalan.
- Experience in management of teams.
- Experience in working in a multidisciplinary environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of our administration team.
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 28/05/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com'