Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a motivated histopathology Technical Officer with proven skills in histological and histomolecular techniques to cover a six month position in the Histopathology Core Facility.
-Rutine histogical techniques and stainings:
- Tissue sample preparation, trimming, paraffin embedding and tissue sectioning (paraffin and frozen sections)
- Hematoxylin/Eosin staining and special stainings
-Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunofluorescence (IF) and other specific techniques
-Digital slide scanning, preparation and support of the image analysis studies
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Anatomic Pathology Formación Profesional (FP) Education and experience of at least 1 year in an Histopathology laboratory.
- Knowledge: Basic knowledge in Histological techniques and immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) techniques, and other molecular pathology techniques and/or image analysis
- Skills: Team work abilities, Basic informatics skills ,
- Languages: Basic Level of English
- Experience in an experimental pathology of a Biomedical research centre
- Deep knowledge of immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) techniques, and other molecular pathology techniques and/or image analysis
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established Core Facility Unit
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 21/05/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'