The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Unit collaborates with the IRB Barcelona’s community in the design and analysis of their experiments, either in vivo, in vitro or in silico. The unit is committed to providing a competitive advantage by developing tailored solutions and conducting methodological research. To do so, we engage in bioinformatics and statistical consulting from experimental design to publication, resulting in close collaborations with experimentalists in every stage of the way. We have an outstanding record of publications in high impact journals and offer a unique environment for practicing the most exciting science.
The Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Manager is seeking a Senior Research Officer to participate in data analysis and methodology development for very diverse data types and research projects. The Officer will act as the lead statistical consultant for other members of the Unit and researchers at IRB Barcelona. Moreover, she/he will supervise visiting students and will actively participate in the generation of material and teaching of statistics courses.
- Provide support in biological data analysis: process and analyze data from diverse platforms such as microarrays, next generation sequencing, clinical databases, proteomics, etc.
- Develop tailored solutions and cutting-edge methodology for the analysis of data in collaboration with experimental researchers
- Provide access, manage information and analyze data from public databases such as dbSNP, 1000 genomes, GWAS, GEO, TCGA
- Provide statistical consulting to the IRB's community
- Implement and develop methodologies for analyzing single cell RNAseq data
- Design material for statistics courses
- Supervise visiting students
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Programming experience in R for applied statistical analyses
- Expertise in the statistical analysis of high-dimensional data
- Experience in analyzing scRNAseq data
- Experience in analyzing survival data
- Knowledge of experimental design techniques
- Minimum of three years working with biomedical data
- Supervision/direction of undergraduate research studies
- Publication record in the fields of statistics or biostatistics
- PhD in Statistics
- Excellent use of written and spoken English
- Spanish and Catalan in professional setting
- Professional programming in R
- Ability to apply statistical concepts to biological settings
- Good communication skills and ability to learn new biological concepts
- Ability to work in multiple projects simultaneously
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Contact duration: Permanent Contract. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an active and influential core facility.
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 15/04/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'