Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 30 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Research Associate to join the Signalling and Cell Cycle Laboratory led by Dr. Angel R. Nebreda.
The candidate will work on the regulation and function of stress kinase pathways, focusing on the contribution of stress kinases to tumor growth and the response to chemotherapy.
- Investigate research questions and develop specific research project(s) under guidance from Group Leader
- Produce high quality data to be included in research papers for publication, and present findings to group members and other audiences
- Supervise technicians and PhD students, providing specialist advice and guidance
- Help the Group Leader in writing reports, project applications for funding, and manuscripts for publication
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- PhD degree in a Biomedical Science and at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Strong background in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology techniques applied to molecular oncology studies.
- At least 1 publication as first author in a top journal
- Enthusiasm for science and capacity to work with minimal supervision and to drive a scientific project to conclusion.
- Pro-active in innovation and problem solving
- Ability to work in a team including willingness to share knowledge and expertise for the benefit of others
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English & Spanish
- Experience of data presentation at scientific meetings
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
Contact duration: Permanent Contract. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established research group.
Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment with unique professional career opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 29/04/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com You will receive a response within a month.'