IRB Barcelona seeks a highly motivated Bioinformatician to join as soon as possible the Stem Cell and Cancer group (Dr. Salvador Aznar Benitah). The Stem Cell and Cancer group aims at understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying the spatiotemporal regulation of adult stem cells in the healthy tissue, and how these are deregulated during ageing and cancer. We have a particular interest in understanding how tissues communicate during homeostasis and how cancer cells systemically alter distant tissue function to their own advantage. To do so, we combine high-throughput bulk, single cell, and spatial genomics and proteomic data with in vivo models. The successful candidate will be involved in the analysis of the data from different projects, but very importantly in contributing to the conceptual development of the project. This position will be financed by the proyecto "Impacto de nuestra dieta sobre el proceso de la metástasis tumoral" (PID2019-107583GB-I00 / AEI / 10.13039/501100011033).
- Analyze the data generates in the lab and actively participate in the conceptual development of the project from a computational perspective.
- Integrate large sets of data to better understand the role of transcriptional, epigenetic, proteome and spatial mechanisms in regulating the function of adult and cancer stem cells (especially in metastasis).
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Degree and/or PhD in Bioinformatics, and extensive experience with bioinformatic analysis.
- Knowledge: Strong background in ChIP-sequencing analysis, gene expression analysis (RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, and optimally in spatial RNA-seq) and integration of large data sets.
- Skills: Fluent in English. Highly independent, motivated, ambitious, and collaborative person. Good organizational and communication skills.
- Experience: The candidate must have extensive experience in bulk RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and ATAC-seq. Experience in positional RNA-seq would be desirable but is not indispensable to apply to the position.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 90 Postdoctoral researchers (more than a half non-Spanish nationals) are currently working at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 01/10/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'