Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a Project Assistant to give support to the Post-Award Office. She/he will a report to the Section Head of the office as well as to the Head of Finance.
- Assisting the Post-award office in the preparation of financial reports and timely submission of scientific reports
- Preparing and uploading of supporting documents needed to ensure adherence to the applicable regulations into the different justification platforms
- Updating grants information in ERP Sap Business One (SBO) and assisting with the transfer of funds among different cost categories and other administrative issues
- Help monitoring of time recording system for projects
- Assisting with financial Audits of projects
- Helping in the resolution of administrative and financial issues with the funding entities
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree, preferably finance-related. Minimum of 1 year experience as financial controller or project assistant.
- Knowledge: High level of English and Spanish (written & spoken). Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (especially Excel). ERPs (SAP - BO).
- Skills: Excellent organizational and time management skills. Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Used to work under tight deadlines. Capacity to work proactive and autonomously when required.
Experience: Experience in financial management of awards from national and international funding bodies and foundations in a research environment.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of funding entities’ platforms for justification of costs such as Justieco, Smart-simple AECC, ISCIII, SIFECAT, etc. Knowledge of Catalan will be a plus.
- Skills: Good communication skills will be valued.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member our administration team.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 31/03/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com You will receive a response within a month.'