Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 30 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to join the Development and Growth Control Laboratory to work on the project "Control del crecimiento en desarrollo, homeostasis y tumorigénesis" (HOMEOGROWTH), funded by the Spanish Research State Agency (PID2019-110082GB-I00/EAI/ 10.13039/501100011033).
- Genetically identify the molecular mechanisms underlying the deleterious effects of Chromosomal Instability-induced aneuploidy
- Functionally validate genetic or chemical manipulations aimed at dampening the deleterious effects of Chromosomal Instability-induced aneuploidy
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related field
- Strong background and expertise in Drosophila genetics
- Strong background and expertise in cell biology and advanced confocal microscopy
- Thorough knowledge on the use of Drosophila as model in cancer
- Thorough knowledge on the impact of aneuploidy on cell physiology
- Fluent in English
- International experience
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 90 Postdoctoral researchers (more than a half non-Spanish nationals) are currently working at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 01/04/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'