Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking a motivated junior biomedical professional (veterinarian, biologist, biotechnologist or from a similar area of knowledge) with proven skills in histology, microscopy, image analysis and histomolecular techniques to cover a maternity leave position in the Histopathology Facility.
- Necropsy:assist with necropsies on rodents. This will include dissection according to the protocol and the description and recording of gross abnormalities.
- Histopathology: Assit the histopathological studies of the different experimental models of disease and the elaboration of the reports
- Digital slide scanning performance and Pathology Image Analysis studies
- IHC, IF, FISH and other specific techniques: perform and contribute to set up new protocols
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: Veterinary, Biology, Biotechnology degree or equivalent with experience in a biomedicine laboratory of pathology or similar
- Knowledge: Basic knowledge in Histology, Pathology, and other related fields. Basic nowledge of immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) techniques, and other molecular pathology techniques and/or image analysis,
- Skills: -Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
-Informatics and Statistics skills
- Languages: Fluent English (written and oral)
- Experience: PhD in Veterinary Pathology or similar, Experience in an experimental pathology Unit/Department/Biomedical research centre or similar
- Knowledge: Deep knowledge of immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) techniques, and other molecular pathology techniques and/or image analysis
- Skills: Work team abilities, proactivity, solve-problem and custom orientation
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of an established Core Facility Unit
- Benefits: Continuous training in a high-quality environment
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 18/03/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com You will receive a response within a month.'