Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking to recruit two Postdoctoral Researchers to join the lab of Dr. Núria López-Bigas at the IRB Barcelona (http://bbglab.irb.barcelona.org).
We are searching for two highly motivated Postdoctoral Researchers to work on projects analyzing somatic mutations in whole-genomes with the aim of understanding mutational processes and their implication in clonal expansion and tumorigenesis.
Ideal candidates should have previous experience in bioinformatics analysis of genomics data, including mutations, RNA levels, genomic elements, etc. They will have coding experience with Python and/or R, and knowledge in data analysis. She/he should have strong analytical skills, in addition to creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm, and ability to work in a team. The candidate will participate and perform the activities, tasks, and reports within the framework of the NONCODRIVERS project funded by European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's H2020 research and innovation programme (GA - 682398).
The BBGLab is a strong interdisciplinary and international research team with unique expertise in the analysis of tumor genomics data. More information in http://bbglab.irbbarcelona.org
- Participate in cancer genomics research projects in the group
- Co-supervise bioinformatics PhD or Master students together with the PI
- Write manuscripts together with other researchers and the PI
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
PhD in Biomedicine, Biology, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Medicine or equivalent
- Experience: Experience in genomics data analysis and databases
- Knowledge: Knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- Skills: Ability to work independently and within a collaborative research team.
- Languages: Fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in international teams.
- Experience in cancer genomics.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 90 Postdoctoral researchers (more than a half non-Spanish nationals) are currently working at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 10/02/2021 (If no suitable candidates are found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 2
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
*References will be required
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com You will receive a response within a month.'