Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 27 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona seeks a talented and experienced Research Assistant with deep expertise in development and maintenance of web-based scientific resources to join the lab of Dr. Patrick Aloy at the IRB Barcelona (https://www.irbbarcelona.org/e...).
The candidate will participate and perform the activities, tasks, and reports within the framework of the INB project funded by ISCIII and FEDER (ref: PT17/0009/0007).
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain the computational infrastructure of the SB&NB group, contributing with new ideas and technological updates. In addition, he/she will be responsible of the maintenance and continuous improvement of the systems biology resources that we offer to the scientific community, such as the Chemical Checker, Interactome3d, 3Did, dSysMap or PanorOmics (http://sbnb.irbbarcelona.org/resources). The successful candidate will also be actively involved in cutting-edge research projects related to systems pharmacology and biological Big Data.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- Experience: previous experience in research environments is desirable
- Education: Bachelor or Engineering degree in Computer Sciences or similar
- Excellent knowledge of databases management (postgresSQL and Neo4j)
- HPC queue systems, virtual machines (OpenNebula) and Grid Containers (Docker, Singularity).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Highly motivated. Fluency in English.
- Experience: Experience in International teams.
- Skills: Background in structural, systems or genome biology would be an asset
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 90 Postdoctoral researchers (more than a half non-Spanish nationals) are currently working at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 15/01/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com You will receive a response within a month.'