Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 35 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking an International Project Manager. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of project managers working in the International Strategic Support Office (ISS), which is one of the sections of the Competitive Funding and International Promotion Department.
ISS’s main mission is to increase funding from international coordinated and collaborative projects (mainly from EU funding schemes, H2020 and Horizon Europe). To this end, ISS personnel help the research faculty at IRB Barcelona to identify funding opportunities, prepare the most suitable consortia, and write the proposals for funding. When a project is funded, the ISS personnel are in charge of the management of the same.
Working closely with the Head of ISS, the International Project Manager will:
- Give support in the implementation of the Evomet project (a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks scheduled to start in March 2021, www.evomet-itn-eu). In particular, she/he will participate in the organisation of the recruitment of fellows, follow up their incorporation and career development plans, organise annual training events and other network-wide activities, and follow up the appropriate delivery of the dissemination and communication activities, with special attention to feeding and maintaining the project's social media channels. Other project management duties are also considered.
- Become familiar with the European Funding schemes, in particular Horizon Europe. She/he will attend Info days, partnering and matchmaking events, information sessions, etc.
- Identify and promote the most appropriate calls for funding on the basis of the expertise of IRB Barcelona research groups. To this end, she/he will be expected to become familiar with the research lines developed at IRB Barcelona, by attending seminars, following published articles, etc.
- Provide IRB Barcelona researchers help with the preparation and writing of proposals (definition of project goals, coordination with project partners, preparation of budget, advising and writing specific sections of the proposal).
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
Must Have – Required:
- PhD in a life science-related field
- Experience in the fields of research pursued by IRB Barcelona
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office package (especially Word and Excel)
- Outstanding writing skills
- High initiative and capacity to work independently. strong organisational, planning and multi-tasking capacities, teamwork, ability to work to strict deadlines with minimum supervision, ability to identify and resolve problems, ability to liaise with other departments
- Knowledge of EU funding sources
- Experience in the management of collaborative European projects
- Good command of Spanish and Catalan
- Use of collaborative project management software
- Use of web management content software
- Management of social media
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS:
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 90 Postdoctoral researchers (more than a half non-Spanish nationals) are currently working at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Deadline for applications: 20/01/2021 (If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended)
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience, management of research and innovation.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
'If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.'